Learn how to use Roland's SP-404 MKII with No Quantize's Sarah, The Illstrumentalist.
This course is great for beginners and Sp-404 Users who are looking to get the most out of their device.
Sarah, The Illstrumentalist
Music producer, content creator, and performance artist from Raleigh, North Carolina and recently moved to Los Angeles, California.
Sarah creates soulful, lo-fi, boom bap hip-hop beats with a dusty jazz spaceship vibe.
Since 2016, the Sarah has been using the Sp-404 to enhance her production workflow and live performances.
Since 2018, Sarah has published 9 albums and 14 EPs with over 90 Million streams on Spotify.
"It was a challenge getting starting using the Sp-404 and I want to share everything I wish I would have known since Day 1." - Sarah
- Sample Mode (15:23)
- Sample Edit (7:45)
- Recording Samples from External Devices (3:53)
- Using Effects (13:39)
- Effect Tips (2:54)
- Trying Each Mfx Effect Overview - Part 1 (15:12)
- Trying Each Mfx Effect Overview - Part 2 (15:33)
- Trying Each Mfx Effect Overview - Part 3 (11:15)
- Chopping Samples - Part 1 (2:38)
- Chopping Samples - Part 2 (4:11)
- Envelope (2:44)
- Resample - Part 1 (4:05)
- Resampling - Part 2 (8:42)
- Skip Back (2:49)
- Change pitch or playback speed (5:14)
- Deleting Samples (0:58)
- Marking and Splitting Samples (10:24)
- Input Settings (1:57)
- Organizing samples and projects (7:20)
- Processing samples (4:44)
- Protecting samples (1:53)
- How to make a perfect drum loop using the resample method (3:15)
- Recording a pattern using resample mode (2:25)
- Making a beat - Pattern sequencer and Pattern Chain method - Part 1 (15:32)
- Making a beat - Pattern sequencer and Pattern Chain method - Part 2 (16:48)
- Making a beat - Pattern sequencer and Pattern Chain method - Part 3 (13:38)
- Workflow Enhancement using Native Instruments Maschine or Any DAW (27:23)
- DJ Live Set - Resample Method (23:31)
- Adding Live Set Audio to Video Footage (3:58)
- Chopping Vinyl Records (7:42)
- Set up for Instagram, Tiktok, or Facebook Live (5:50)
- Podcast & Radio Show Workflow (17:05)
- Making Producer and Radio Tags (6:15)
- Thank you and Practice (Homework for you!) (1:06)